Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] temp_dir_path()
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 03:35:08

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Other than that, I guess we just wait for tests to cycle.

Would it be perhaps possible to provide a lower-level function (even in the
detail namespace) that uses a plain char buffer and an error code, that is
free of std::vectors, std::strings, boost::paths, system::error_codes and
other things one might not want to pay for (especially if one does not use
them otherwise) just to make a system API call..? The 'proper' version can
then wrap the thinner one...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than