Subject: Re: [boost] What's so cool about Boost.MPI?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-19 10:33:27

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Thorsten Ottosen <nesotto_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Den 19-10-2010 14:59, Mathias Gaunard skrev:
>>
>> While the library seems nice (it bridges serialization with MPI), I
>> don't really see anything in there that makes me think it's "so cool".
>>
>> So after reading it, I felt a bit like the question "What's so cool
>> about Boost.MPI?" remained unanswered.
>
> The semi-automatic, but very easy to maintain, way of creating/maintaining
> the MPI type maps (via Boost.Serialization), IIUC.

Take it from someone who had to wrestle with MPI with the C interface,
what's so cool about Boost.MPI is really that it's idiomatic to use
with C++ semantics. If you ever tried to use the C MPI interface
directly you will see how much of a joy to use Boost.MPI is.

But really, don't take my word from it, try it out and see for yourself.

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com