Subject: Re: [boost] Is it time for another bug sprint? (Post 1.45 release, I mean)
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-26 23:26:54

On Oct 26, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Jim Bell wrote:

> On 1:59 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>> What do people think?
>
> What's the benefit of releasing 1.45 before a bug sprint?

The point of the bug sprint is to get the number of issues that have piled up (in the Trac) down to a more manageable level. Some of these are bugs, others are feature requests, documentation updates/requests, and just misunderstandings.

Right before a release is not (IMHO) a time to be making many changes to the code base. It's a time for care, and limiting change (and risk).

Doing bug sprints (I was going to abbreviate that but I decided that BS was not the best acronym) right after a release gives the fixes were made in the sprint "time to bake" - to make sure that they fix the reported problems (and not introduced more).

> Particularly with the regression test matrix having as much yellow as it does?

The large abounds of yellow in the regression matrix is a different matter - and I suspect that the release managers are worrying about that.

-- Marshall