Subject: [boost] spirt status?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 01:33:54

What is the situation of the spirit library in the trunk?

The serialization library now depends upon the latest spirit to parse xml
archives.

But now serialization can't be built for a number of compilers which
previously
could handle this library. This was not a surprise to me as its not unusual
to require some tweaks to get this to work. But now I'm surprised
that this hasn't resolved the issue. The newer version of spirit has been
around for at least a year, and the serializaiton library xml grammar is
very simple compared to other spirit applications so I didn't anticipate
any major problems - but it seems that we now ahve them.

Could spirit library developers take a look at this and give us
an idea of what we should do about this? Is anyone working
on this? Should we just roll back and try again before the next
release?

Robert Ramey