Subject: Re: [boost] [function] new implementation
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-01 17:28:50

> At Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:34:08 +0100,
> Domagoj Saric wrote:
>>
>> Hmm, I obviously don't know much about the Linux DSO architecture, but
>> 'at the bottom' DSO's are just that, 'dynamic shared objects', each of
>> which must have its own static vtable copy so it is not quite obvious
>> to me how could it work then...?
>
> Fixups are applied at load time if the symbol is already loaded into
> the executable image. Of course, all this depends on how the DSO is
> loaded. See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-05/msg01970.html for
> relevant details.

I understand, thanks for the link :)
But, wouldn't this require for the symbol in question to be exported (not
something one would want for an uber-mangled piece of boost::function<>
bowels)?

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than