Subject: [boost] [build_extensions][patch] General update and minor fixes
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-01 20:53:02

Hi,

First, I'm not sure if this is the right place to send patch to the
build_extensions which live in the sandbox,

I'm continuing to have complete build of Boost.GIL tests on Linux
with 3rd-party dependencies configured using the build_extensions.
It's trial and error process during which I've applied number of updates
to .jam scripts for raster support libraries.

The patch summary:

zlib: added/removed .c source files
jpeg: added/removed .c source files
libtiff:
- added missing tif_unix.c for <target-os>linux (not sure why
<target-os>unix: could not kick in)
- configure #define integral types required by tiffiop.h
- added tiffxx target with C++ wrapper library (tif_stream.cxx)

I have successfully used the extensions with the following libraries:

jpeg-8a
libpng-1.4.1
tiff-3.9.2
zlib-1.2.4

with GCC 4.4.5 on Linux 64-bit.

I'm quite sure some of the changes could be mastered in much better
way, but I lack of Boost.Build zen.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org