Subject: Re: [boost] Named subexpressions using \k<name>
From: Chris Dragon (cdragon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-04 11:07:06

On 11/4/2010 4:12 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> Am I doing something wrong or have I found a bug? I'm using the
>> latest stable 1_44_0 release compiled from source in VC9 and I also
>> tried the pre-compiled library
>> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-binaries/1.44.0/libboost_regex-vc90-mt-sgd-1_44.zip/download).
>> The OS is Windows 7.
>
> You found a bug - it's been fixed in Trunk, and will be fixed in
> 1.45. As you note the alternative syntaxes for \k do work - basically
> there are so many different ways of doing the same thing that I missed
> that one :-(
>
> John.

Yeah, it's too bad too few of the regex libraries bothered to look at
eachother and use the same syntax...

I think I found another bug in that
C:\Users\John\Downloads\!Software\Boost C
libraries\boost_1_44_0\libs\regex> nmake -fvc9.mak
builds libraries with a -1_42 extension instead of a -1_44 extension. I
renamed one to 1_44 and it worked. Probably another case of too many
ways to do the same thing (compile).

Thanks for the quick reply!

--
Chris Dragon