Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [icl/itl] Interval Container Library ready for inclusion
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 13:13:34

2010/11/5 Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]>:
> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>>>
>>> After the review of the Interval Template Library in February and its
>>> acceptance for inclusion, I worked on a number of suggestions and
>>> proposals from the reviewers, in order to improve the design and quality
>>> of the library. The library is now renamed to Boost.Icl: Interval
>>> Container Library.
>>>
>>> I have completed a release icl-4.0.0, where those suggestions are
>>> implemented. Apart from typos and flaws in the docs that might be there
>>> after renaming, this will be the version for inclusion into the next
>>> boost
>>> release (1.46.0).
>>>
>>> The now renamed library has a new path in the sandbox:
>>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/icl/
>>>
>>> The sources are also in the vault
>>>
>>> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Cont
>>> ainers
>>>
>>> and on sourceforge (extended version)
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/itl/
>>>
>>> The BoostBook docs are online available here:
>>>
>>> http://www.joachim-faulhaber.de/boost_icl/doc/libs/icl/doc/html/index.html
>>
>> Joachim, that's great news. Many people are waiting for this!
>
> Awesome! I'm looking forward to working with the final result.
>
>> Why don't you just go ahead and move everything into Boost trunk. That
>> does
>> not disrupt any release procedures, but gives you the benefit of running
>> the
>> tests on a daily basis on a broad range of platforms. Additionally it
>> simplifies things for people working from Boost SVN trunk wanting to use
>> your library.
>
> Yep, that would be great.

Thank you all for your welcoming remarks on the new version of the
Interval Container Library. Yes, I am prepared to move this version of
the ICL into the Boost trunk, but I don't have write permission yet.
How do I get it? Are there any special policies to follow when working
with the Boost trunk?

Best regards,
Joachim