Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Chrono LibraryStarts TOMORROW
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 13:41:52

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Williams" <anthony.ajw_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 6:25 PM

> The Boost.Chrono library provides:
>
> * Boost.Chrono also provides I/O for duration and time_point. It
> builds on <boost/ratio/ratio_io.hpp> to provide readable and
> flexible formatting and parsing for types in
> <boost/chrono.hpp>. The duration unit names can be customized
> through a new facet: duration_punct.

Hi all,

unfortunately the implementation for parsing input streams used a scan_keyword.hpp adapted from llvm/libc++ which was subject to a license that is not compatible with Boost. I have removed temporarly the dependency on this file, so there will be no license issues, but this has as consequence that there is no parsing at all now. I'm working on a re-implementation of the scan keywords algorithm that at the end should be even more efficient than the original one (at least this is what I hope). Until that the library will provide only formatting but not parsing. Hoping you could wait for a Boost compatible implementation.

Best regards,
Vicente