Subject: Re: [boost] Type traits extension & Bitfield reviews
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 20:46:19

Hi Joel,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Falcou" <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 5:41 PM
Subject: [boost] Type traits extension & Bitfield reviews

> I've just seen these libraries hanging out in the review queue for quite
> some time now.
> Considering their potential usefulness adn my personnal interest, I
> consider stepping up as a review manager for these.

happy to hear that there is someone interested by managing the review of Bitfields.

Brian Bartman implemented a tuple-like interface on top of mine in its GSoC project "bit_masks" (see the sandbox SOC\2010\bit_masks), and I think that it will be better to review both library at once and even better to join the libraries in only one.

I have had not enough time to review the state of last version, but I was quite satisfyed by the work at the end of the GSoC project. Maybe you can take a look.

There is yet one issue, Bitfields are endian-safe only if the storage is endian safe, so we need Boost.Endian which provides an endian-safe storage. Would you be interested in been the review manager for Boost.Endian?

> What's the formal sequence to follow to apply for such a task ?

I think you should contatc the review wizard John Phillips and Ronald Garcia.

BTW, I don't reach to see which are the extensions of TypeTraitsExt. Where in the documentation can we find them?

Best regards,
Vicente