Subject: [boost] [mpl] push_back on Integral Sequence Wrapper does not yield an Integral Sequence Wrapper (was: mpl::c_str fails for mpl::push_back)
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-07 18:07:59

On 11/7/2010 2:38 AM, vicente.botet wrote:
> I don't think I could find something in the doc that states that the
> push_back on a Integral Sequence Wrapper must be a Integral Sequence
> Wrapper, but I think that this is a desirable property.

Probably.

> Do you have a workaround I can use to preserve it?

Sorry, no.

> Do you think that it is possible to ensure that property without too
> much trouble inside the library?

I don't know. I wrote mpl::string and mpl::c_str, but I'm not mpl's
maintainer. The problem you're describing has a very broad scope. I
imagine all metafunctions that mutate sequences would need to be fixed.
You'll need to take the issue up with Aleksey.

I suggest filing a feature request ticket.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing