Subject: Re: [boost] [function] function wrappingwithnoexceptionsafetyguarantee
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-08 19:10:32

"Edward Diener" <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I meant simply what I said. Please explain to me why boost::function
> throwing an exception when invoked on an empty target is objectionable to
> you. If I have misunderstand to what you are objecting I apologize, but it
> seems to me that you find this behavior incorrect somehow.

I thought I did in my first reply to you as well as the next one to Emil
Dotchevski...
To restate only the general picture as short as possible, the problem is not
in the 'documented behaviour' as such/in itself but in the context of all of
the implications of that/such behaviour...Just as the core 'objection(s)'
are not concentrated on some idea of behaviour but about the specifics of
the current implementation...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than