Subject: Re: [boost] mkl+boost problems
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-10 03:15:50

On 11/09/2010 05:14 PM, Andrey Asadchev wrote:

> Hi Tomas
>
> My fix is:
>
> #ifndef BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_CBLAS_INC_H
> #define BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_CBLAS_INC_H
>
> extern "C" {
>
> #ifdef BOOST_NUMERIC_BINDINGS_MKL
> #include<mkl_cblas.h>
> #include<mkl_service.h>
> #undef P4 // mkl_types.h defines P4 macro which breaks MPL
> #else
> #include<cblas.h>
> #endif
>
> }
>
> #endif

Hello Andrey,

apparently you're using numeric_bindings-v1. We've made some
significant improvements to the bindings, they reside in
sandbox/numeric_bindings.

I once tested the speed difference between ATLAS' cblas and ATLAS'
fortran interfaces; there is none. So why go through all the trouble,
and use MKL's cblas interface? Why not just link against the fortran libs?

Cheers,

Rutger