Subject: Re: [boost] [exception] [1.45] you own a showstopper
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-12 12:29:33

On 11/12/2010 11:24 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 12 November 2010 15:46, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> That might be because the mingw-gcc 4.4.5 tester has a config issue.
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4821
>>
>> ... which John Maddock closed as invalid. I don't know what to make of this.
>
> He closed it because it looked like the issue was with the tester's
> configuration, not with Boost.Config. Looking at the latest test
> results it seems to have been fixed (at least the failures in my
> libraries have been), so if the relevant test is still failing it's
> probably something else.

Ah. We do NOT have a repro of this bug on the release branch. I can't
justify holding 1.45 for this unless someone can confirm the problem
happens on release. This bug is no longer a showstopper.

Jim, if you can verify that the problem happens on the release branch
with this platform/compiler combination, feel free to change the
severity back.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing