Subject: [boost] [serialization] boost 1.45. I did not find any information about serios flaw in 1.44
From: Sergey Voropaev (serge-voropaev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-22 00:25:25

I am reporter of bug #4660 (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4660). I am
glad this bug was fixed in 1.45 version. But I did not find any information in
release notes (http://www.boost.org/users/download/version_1_45_0) and in
library documentation
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/serialization/doc/index.html) about
what was fixed in 1.44 version. There are not any recommendations or comments
about using version 1.44 with binary archives.
I think that the absence of such information is very dangerous for the future of
the serialization library, since this is a serious indicator of the quality of
maintenance of the library. (I have no complaints about the quality of the
library and its design)
Should I reopen this bug, or open a new one, or this letter would be sufficient
to restore order to the documentation of serialization library?