Subject: Re: [boost] [Preprocessor] Adding variadic macros support
From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-27 23:16:29

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:10:49 -0500, Hal Finkel wrote:

> I agree, especially since one can generally use an external
> (standards-compliant) preprocessor with your compiler of
> choice/necessity, you just need to change your build procedure. Was this
> not one of the motivating factors behind Wave in the first place?
> Furthermore, libraries like Boost.MPL which provide pre-preprocessed
> headers essentially use an external preprocessor anyway.

If this is an option, I'd far prefer statically generated headers during
a Boost install/build for broken compilers rather than altering the build
process for client programs or libraries. Two things are important.
First, compilers need to fix their preprocessors and there has to be a
motivating reason for them to do so. Second, using Boost must not turn
into something like having to use Qt's obnoxious moc.

-Paul