Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 00:56:20

On 11/29/2010 12:09 PM, Rob Riggs wrote:
> On 11/28/2010 05:54 PM, Marsh Ray wrote:
>> Honestly, the couple of times I've tried to use Spirit I have not been successful. I've
>> done a few templates in my time but that library blows my mind. The concept is brilliant
>> - and its implementation, heroic.
>> But trying to actually use it tends to just make me feel dumb.
> You are not the only one.
>> Something I could understand in a debugger or, more importantly, review for security in
>> a network-facing application.
> +1
>
> The use of JSON will go far beyond that of a config file parser. The number of "eyes" that
> can grok Spirit code and accurately review it are vanishingly small.

Why do you have to grok the internals of a library in order to use it
successfully? I bet these same people can't grok template heavy code
like MPL internals too. Yet, MPL is core to many libraries in Boost. Are
you saying that people shouldn't use any library that depends on MPL too?
Or are you singling out Spirit? If so, why?

I've almost had enough of this FUD mongering.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com