Subject: Re: [boost] Library for configuration file parsing
From: Denis Shevchenko (for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 07:27:31

On 28.11.2010 05:24, Hal Finkel wrote:
> I think a library for configuration-file parsing would be quite useful.
> There are may use cases where an embedded scripting language is best,
> but I think there are also many for which a dedicated
> configuration-file-parsing library is superior.

Hello again, Hal!

One of the features of Configurator is semantics check. I understand
that semantics check is not a mandatory featureof such library, but I
check "standard values" only. IPv4, IPv6, email, path (in current
filesystem) - it is "global and immutable concepts". Imho, checking
these values at the time of parsing the configuration file is very useful.

Check the extended semantics ('time period' and 'size') was added
because I use it myself ('size' for max size of log file, and 'time
period' for different periodic thread tasks).Perhaps it will be useful
not only for me... :-)

What do you think about it?