Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Status for Monday, November 29th
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 11:17:51

On 1:59 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> There were 37 changes to the trac database yesterday.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

As well as the ticket activity, I'd love to hear about commits to the
trunk, too. That's where the rubber meets the road.

> [...]
> 2) It is perfectly OK to add a comment to a ticket that says "I tested this patch on my system (foo, gcc 1.2.3.4, etc) and it worked fine/didn't work/etc"

Excellent. (In fact, I'd encourage this as strongly as possible. Anyone
trying a patch to weigh in either way, including that the patch couldn't
be applied because the trunk has diverged.)

And tickets that have been given this treatment: how are sprinters
keeping track of them? They deserve special status to commit-ers, don't
they?

> [...]
> Overall bug count:
> [...]
> November 28: 930
> November 29: 934 (whoops, that's the wrong direction!)

Hopefully that means that more yellow is going green on the regression
matrix!