Subject: Re: [boost] Moving Boost.Geometry to trunk (was: Sandbox cleanup)
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-30 07:29:14

> > 1. Declare that /sandbox should follow<library>/{boost,libs} layout.
> > 2. Move everything else into /sandbox-branches
>
> Boost.Geometry follows <library>/{boost,libs,other} layout where other
> contains small programs not fitting within libs. I hope this is permitted.
> I'm quite dependent on the current place and so are many users. I will
> remove the (now obsolete) ggl folder which is still there.
>
> Maybe it is also possible (now or in the future) to make a distinction
> between already-accepted-but-not-yet-incorparted libraries (such as
> Boost.Geometry) and proposed libraries.
>
> Finally there is also /sandbox-tags, of which the structure is also not so
> clear to me. I've taken the freedom to create a "geometry" folder there,
> and below that are our tags.
>
> So the there structure is for me:
> /sandbox-tags/<library>/<tagname>/{boost,libs}
>
> And I propose that as a convenient layout.

Barend, not really related but a question anyways: why don't you move your
overall activities to the trunk? I know you're not satisfied with certain
details of your library. However, doing the development on trunk (and
Boost.Geometry is an accepted library) gives you more exposure to potential
users and full integration with the regression tests. Additionally, having
the library on trunk doesn't mean you need to merge it to the release branch
for any release in the near future...

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com