Subject: Re: [boost] Probing interest in a typed XML traversal library
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-02 06:15:22

On 02/12/10 10:54, Klaim wrote:
> Your library seems interesting (I'm not an expert at all here but I
> like the idea).
>
> However the examples are far from being obvious about this librarie's
> use.

I have similar impression.

> Maybe some kind of "hello world" or simple FULL example might
> help? A simple heavily commented program doing some simple
> manipulations using a given test xml file and an xsd file might be a
> good idea.

IOW, 3-4 examples solving simple to more complex problems.
Perhaps it would be possible to have interaction with Boost.PropertyTree
as well.

What I would like to learn myself is also:
- How this library is similar/different to non-validating XML parsers
(e.g. Expat)?
- How this library is similar/different to validating XML parsers (e.g.
Xerces or libxml2)?

Having answers to the two questions above, it would be easier to
understand what XML-related problems your library actually solves.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org