Subject: Re: [boost] [netlib] Update: 0.9 will not be header-only
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-03 19:50:59

On 12/3/2010 8:45 AM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> To those who are following the development of cpp-netlib (which shall
> be submitted for review/soon/ as Boost.Netlib), the current state of
> 0.9-devel and thus what's going to come out officially as 0.9 in a
> couple of weeks, will not be header-only.

Dean -

I am happy to hear the change. One of my main reasons for not
investigating the library further after boostcon was the intent to keep
it header only "come hell or high-water".

I know there are polarized opinions on the subject of header-only and I
have no intent to start that thread again. Just wanted to voice my
support for the move to using the linker when it makes sense.

Thank you for the hard work you have put into the library and I am
looking forward to the 0.9 release.

Take care -
Michael

btw ... I have http header parsers/generators written in Qi/Karma. If
you are looking for those bits let me know.

--
Michael Caisse