Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Performance for last week?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-06 20:46:33

On 12/6/2010 5:59 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> First after disabling the trac source browser for most of the week
> here's the new breakdown of the top ten sections the web server spent
> time on (including www.boost.org):
<snip>

Thanks for working on this, Rene.

> So big questions with respect to last week:
>
> * Is trac performance to an "acceptable" point?

Slightly less horrible perhaps (hard to say), but I did get another
"database is locked" error today while trying to view a changeset. I
think it was this:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/66805

Then when I click on one of the links there (e.g.
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/boost/proto/transform/make.hpp?rev=66805),
I get an error. I guess that's because you removed that plug-in, is that
right?

> * Do you miss the trac source browser, and desperately want it back?

I guess I do miss it. It's especially annoying that trac is serving up
links that are now broken, and I'm still getting database-is-locked
errors. Is there any way to profile page requests, see which are taking
the longest, and where they're spending their time?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing