Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Final report for the (late 2010) Bug Sprint
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-06 22:22:58

On 07/12/2010 02:36, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Eric Niebler<eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 12/6/2010 9:22 AM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> So - what did people think went well during the bug sprint?
>>> What went poorly?
>>> What can we do better next time (assuming that there is a next time)?
>>
>> I think it proves that people are too busy around the holidays for a bug
>> sprint.
>>

> That, and/or there aren't enough people willing to look at issues
> and/or contribute patches to Boost.

1. There were only a limited number of library author taking part.

2. Non-library authors don't have trunk commit access. Now, the chances
are most of the bugs / trac tickets are with libraries where the author
isn't taking part. Now, the culture of boost discourage any commit to
libraries not "owned" by oneself. Hence we have a result where there's
people willing to make patches or whatever, attach it to trac, and then
nothing happens. It's not very encouraging to see patches you've done
during the last bug sprint 6 months ago to still be sitting in trac
unapplied.

KTC