Subject: Re: [boost] Boost on Sun CC without STLPort
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 11:19:22

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Dean Michael Berris
<mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Is there any specific reason why Boost isn't tested against Sun CC
> without STLPort -- aside from the obvious reason that there's nobody
> running the regression tests on that platform? Is it something
> inherently wrong in Sun's standard library implementation that's
> preventing Boost from working properly on the Sun compiler?

Earlier in the year, I download OpenSolaris and the Sun compiler and
got them running using VirtualBox on a Windows 7 host so I could check
out a Boost Filesystem bug report. No problems that I can remember. I
used whatever standard library Sun shipped with their compiler.

I'm away from that machine at the moment, but can look at their
standard library implementation tomorrow morning if that would help.

--Beman