Subject: [boost] Boost on Sun CC without STLPort
From: Martin Elzen (martinelzen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-08 18:12:21

I've done a 'port' of one of our products which involved Boost 1.38. ... 0 or 1, using the Boost regex, system and filesystem libs with Sunstudio 12.0 (not the 'recent' .1 upgrade) on Solaris 10.  To build Boost enabling the stlport option is a must (a certain Sun employee blogged about it a year or two ago).  Unfortunately that will mean that all your other C++ code will need to be compiled with that same option.  I did end up having to mess with one of the Boost system-ish files (maybe a .jam file) 'manually' to convert the -library=stlport4 option to -library=stlport4_dbg in 2 separate location in that file to get correct debugging libs.  Except for that everything seemed to work fine at least as far as the Boost parts went...