Subject: Re: [boost] GIL io_new review
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 07:43:22

"Mateusz Loskot" <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I'd be interested in making similar tests myself. I have
> access to georeferenced raster datasets as large as 90K x 45K pixels.
> I also have extensive experience with GDAL (http://www.gdal.org)
> library which I have used to process such datasets with success
>
> However, I'm still missing specification of operations to be performed.
> Can we describe Phil's use case in form of reproducible steps,
> so we can pprogram this use case using with various toolkits/libraries?
> As the datasets I have are not public data, I could use the True Marble
> Imagery so the results are comparable.
>
> What you think?

I'm all for it...actually I think we should skip any intermediate 'editing'
operations (as these will only obfuscate the test and the results) and just
test something simple, like chopping up a huge TIFF into small PNGs...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than