Subject: [boost] Formal Review of IO and Toolbox extensions to Boost.GIL extended until December 17th, 2010
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-09 17:26:47

Dear All,

Today, I announced we are close to the end of the review:

http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2010/12/0275.php

Later on, Christian asked for extension of the review.
The Review Wizards agreed and suggested to extend the review until

   Friday, December 17th, 2010

So, I'm happy to announce that the new cut-off date of the reviews
submission is December 17th. Let's say Midnight, UTC Time.

Thanks to all reviewers who submitted their comments, to the Review
Wizards for the extension and we are hoping to receive more
feedback from the reviewers.

Mateusz
  Review Manager for the proposed Boost.GIL.IO and
    Boost.GIL.Toolbox extensions

(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=11&month=12&year=2010&hour=0&min=0&sec=0)

> I think we have been doing well and received decent amount of
> feedback. However, anyone feels there is a need for extension,
> please let me know as soon as possible, so I will have time to
> negotiate it with the Review Wizards.
>
> Mateusz Review Manager for the proposed Boost.GIL.IO and
> Boost.GIL.Toolbox extensions
>

> On 30/11/10 18:01, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> According to the Boost Formal Review Schedule [1], review of
>> Christian Henning's extensions to the Boost Generic Image Library
>> (Boost.GIL, [2]), it is: * Boost.GIL.IO * Boost.GIL.Toolbox starts
>> on December 1st and lasts until December 10th, 2010.
>>
>> [1] http://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html [2]
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/libs/gil/doc/index.html
>>
>> =========== What is it? ===========
>>
>> The Boost.GIL.IO extension provides an easy to use interface for
>> reading and writing various image formats. It also includes a
>> framework for adding new formats. The Boost.GIL.IO is indent to
>> replace the current IO extension which is part of Boost for
>> several years now.
>>
>> Features:
>>
>> * A unified way to read and write image encoded in BMP, JPEG, PNG,
>> PNM, and TIFF formats. The capabilities to read and write in
>> various formats have improved dramatically.
>>
>> * Image data can be provided via standard file or string streams
>>
>> The Boost.GIL.Toolbox provides new color spaces and other small
>> code to ease programming with Boost.GIL.
>>
>> Features:
>>
>> * Implementation of color spaces: Gray_Alpha, HSL, HSV, LAB, and
>> XYZ * Utilities to support dynamic image workflows and color
>> conversions. * Collection of metafunctions to determine alignment,
>> similarity and homogeneity at pixel level.
>>
>> The Boost.GIL as well as the proposed extensions are provided in
>> form of a headers-only library Although, some image formats come
>> with their format dependency, it is corresponding third-party
>> libraries:
>>
>> JPEG - libjpeg PNG - libpng TIFF - libtiff

>> The latest version of both extensions can be downloaded as Zip
>> package:
>>
>> http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/files/boost_review.zip
>>
>> or directly from the Subversion repository:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/gil-contributions/source/browse/trunk/gil_2/

and the docs can built as usual with bjam and quickbook tools

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org