Subject: Re: [boost] GIL io_new review
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-11 09:44:59

On 11/12/10 11:36, Domagoj Saric wrote:

> "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Well, with io2, it all depends on the backend...if the backend is
>>> 'smart enough' to read in only the required parts of an image (and
>>> WIC theoretically/as per documentation should be) the footprint
>>> should be obvious
>>
>> Right, it's not obvious to me.
>
> Why not, if it can be seen that the code reads an image with a
> sequentially moving ROI and writing each read chunk/ROI to a file

Domagoj,

Would you mind explaining what you exactly mean as ROI?
The abbreviation stands for Region of Interest. This is clear,
but what definition of ROI you refer to?
I have a feeling there is potential for another confusion here.

General meaning of ROI is slightly different to ROI as defined in
JPEG 2000 or PGF (Progressive Graphics File) and similar formats.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org