Subject: Re: [boost] [Documentation] Does Boost-Build support Doxygen documentation for tutorials (rather then quickbook)
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-13 08:21:30

> Downside :-(( the results are not as nice ;-)

The results is the content not the "nice representation" and to be honest,
Doxygen reference documentation is a way better then the "reference"
I usually see in boost libraries.

> (and it will be as easy to convert Markdown to Quickbook as to convert to
> Doxygen. There is a html to Quickbook conversion tool somewhere too).

I just prefer to have one tool I can build documentation with and I want
to have a one syntax to work with. Doxygen does the job well.

> I would still wrap it in Quickbook but you can also provide Doxygen format
> as reference AND for tutorial.
> (Perhaps some expert can suggest how to get the reference and tutorial
> separated ?)

Ok this is good because this makes the life much easier to me not requiring
to use quickbook and allowing to "debug" my documentation in fast and easy way.

> The 'toolchain' in a real pain to get going
> [...]
> Once set up it runs painlessly to update, and can be
> done by anyone with a text editor

As it can be updated with Doxygen written documentation and tutorials as well.

Thanks,
  Artyom