Subject: Re: [boost] [Documentation] Does Boost-Build support Doxygen documentation for tutorials (rather then quickbook)
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-13 10:26:29

On 13 December 2010 08:25, Artyom <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would like to know if boost-build supports writing tutorials
> using Doxygen rather that using HTML or its own "quickbook" tool.

We do use straight doxygen documentation in at least on place:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/libs/gil/doc/index.html

To create boost documentation, you don't have to use boost build, but
you do have to make it reasonably easy for others to generate the
documentation. In GIL's case, it uses shell scripts, which isn't ideal
for windows users. Also, be aware that doxygen can generate long file
names which don't meet our requirements. GIL uses a script to rename
them (although there are some broken links, I haven't looked into why
that is, I don't really know doxygen).

I think boost build's doxygen support is tailored for boostbook, but
it would be nice to be able to use it for other purposes. I'm not sure
what that would be involved, you might want to ask on the build list.

Daniel