Subject: Re: [boost] [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-14 10:02:25

> > 4. Unicode Support in ODBC, i.e. you can use Unicode with MS
> > SQL Server that does know speaks in UTF-8, SOCI does not
> > support this.
>
> Is that Unicode support integrated or do you rely on a separate Unicode
> library? If it came to a Boost submission, I believe separating this from
> your library would be a prerogative.

cppdb's odbc driver uses both *A and *W API in same code explicitly
without separating it. Also it is very important that odbc API
allows to pass both wide and narrow strings in same API
and what is even more important allows returning both narrow
and wide strings is same query(!) So separation to "Unicode"
and "non-unicode" version is meaningless (and actually requires)
to mix both variants.

The rest of the drivers are character set agnostic and
use plain std::string.

Artyom