Subject: Re: [boost] [gil][io_ew] performance test
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 18:46:41

Hi there, I did a little update to include more files. Now I have
26580 jpeg files distributed over 10 folders. I also tried to reduce
the number of image memory allocation by reusing the same image over
and over again. The new code can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/B8R1MuCs

I run each backend three times. Here are the results:

IO2:
1. 30.975 sec
2. 29.894 sec
3. 25.595 sec

io_new:
1. 33.086 sec
2. 28.223 sec
3. 28.867 sec

So far, I have changed any code inside my backend ( io_new ). The next
step is to profile.

Regards,
Christian