Subject: Re: [boost] Phoenix3 Status update.
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-23 20:49:20

On 12/24/2010 8:27 AM, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Eric Niebler<eric<at> boostpro.com> writes:

>>> Definitely. Let's do it asap. What about mid January?
>
> Mid January sounds good. I guess everyone involved needs a little pressure ;)
>
>> Before it can be effectively reviewed, at least some of the new docs
>> need to be finished. The mini-review was requested because Phoenix
>> needed to be ported to Proto. The Phoenix grammar, intermediate form,
>> evaluators and extension mechanism need to be documented so folks can
>> judge how well the Proto port has been accomplished. It doesn't have to
>> be an elaborate production, but there needs to be something.
>>
>> My 02,
>>

> The docs are one of my priorities right now. They need a complete work over.

You mean the extension docs, right? The users docs should, by and large
should be fine.

> But before i tackle the docs I would like to finish the BLL compatiblity tests

It would also be good to grab as much docs from BLL into Phoenix.

BTW, what about compile time? Have you had any success with the
preprocessor idea? To be honest, my biggest concern is the compile
time of V3 phoenix over V2. Compile time is already an issue with
Spirit2. Now we'll be adding more on top of it.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com