Subject: Re: [boost] [range][stride] broken?
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-24 10:34:34

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Michel MORIN <mimomorin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Neil Groves wrote:
> > I will submit a fix to boost-trunk today. After a couple
> > of days of passes on boost-trunk I shall merge to boost-release.
> >
> The ticket (#5014) just has been closed, but the test case in the ticket
> still prints out wrong results.

You are correct. The change I made yesterday on the trunk for the strided
adaptor is fundamentally flawed in a number of ways. I have committed a new
fix to the trunk and added your test cases, plus additional test cases to
cover all of the flaws I noticed from yesterdays changes.

> I don't know whether we should implement decrement() function for
> Bidirectional Range.

My new implementation works safely for all traversal types, and correctly
and safely handles decrement.

> Regards,
> Michel

Please accept my apologies for the previous 'intellectually challenged'
commit.

Regards,
Neil Groves