Subject: Re: [boost] [icl] doc filenames
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-29 15:33:26

Hi John and James,

thank you for bringing this up.

2010/12/29 Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]>:
> On 28 December 2010 18:59, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Just noticed while doing an update that the documentation filenames for the
>> ICL library are *very* long, and certainly won't pass our inspection script
>> tests (although apparently these have stopped being run :-(  ).

>> the trick is to give each section an ID rather than rely on the auto-generated ones

Unfortunately this section ID trick does not work, because the very
long names are not generated from section titles, but from doxygen
generated parts of the documentation, specifically partial template
instantiations with lists of template parameters.

> Those appear to be boostbook ids from doxygen documentation which is a
> bit odd since they're normally truncated. It looks like the ICL
> documentation was built with an old version of the boostbook xsl
> stylesheets.

My boostbook/xsl installation is from November-2008. Today I updated
my config to the current version. Unfortunately the new version does
*not* generate the docs. I double checked everything but could not
find an error.

With the new version, quickbook starts to run the toolchain as
expected, but fails to complete. It seems to fail where the files with
the long names are generated :(

It ends with these words:

warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl"
compilation error: file
file:///C:/cygwin/home/jofa/dev/boost_sandbox/icl/tools/boostbook/xsl/html.xsl
line 16 element import
xsl:import : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/chunk.xsl
<... more warnings of this type ...>
warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/callout.xsl"
compilation error: file
file:///C:/cygwin/home/jofa/dev/boost_sandbox/icl/tools/boostbook/xsl/callout.xsl
line 13 element import
xsl:import : unable to load
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/callout.xsl

    set XML_CATALOG_FILES=../../../bin.v2/boostbook_catalog.xml
 "C:/Users/jofa/Documents/boost/xml/bin/xsltproc.exe" --stringparam
boost.defaults "Boost" --stringparam boost.libraries
"../../../libraries
.htm" --stringparam boost.root "../../../.." --stringparam
chunk.section.depth "2" --stringparam manifest
"standalone_HTML.manifest" --strin
gparam toc.max.depth "2" --stringparam toc.section.depth "2"
--xinclude -o "html/"
"C:\cygwin\home\jofa\dev\boost_sandbox\icl\tools\boostboo
k\xsl\html.xsl" "..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\icl\doc\gcc-3.4\debug\icl.docbook"

...failed xslt-xsltproc-dir.windows html\standalone_HTML.manifest...
...failed updating 1 target...
...updated 7 targets...

Regards,
Joachim