Subject: [boost] [wiki] Warning Guidelines for VC
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-30 03:47:37

A question just came up on IRC concerning the use of the /Za ("disable
language extensions") and it not working. While searching for a previous
post from STL on the subject [1] Google offered this link:

<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines>

STL's (Stephan Lavavej's) advice on the subject was to *not* use /Za
because it has "an extremely nasty bug". Unfortunately our guidelines
suggest it should be used.

I began to edit the wiki page but considering the amount of text and an
example on the subject I thought it might be best to ask permission
first. Should I edit the page to be in-line with STL's suggestion or
just leave it as-is?

[1] <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/04/165531.php >

michael

--