Subject: Re: [boost] Are memory leaks reported by Boost.Test Microsoft Memory Leak Detection Enabling spurious or real?
From: mloskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 06:34:05

Stephan T. Lavavej-2 wrote:

> [Thomas Harning Jr.]
>> Regarding this problem, I've found more details about it on the Visual
>> Studio Connect website:
>> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/106937/memory-leaks-reported-by-debug-crt-inside-typeinfo-name
>
> This has been fixed in VC11, but unfortunately you'll need to deal with it
> in VC10 and earlier.

Stephan,

(I'm sorry of this is off-topic, but I think it's related)

By the way, I must say since I started using the Microsoft Connect
I've been struggling to understand the bug reports management happening over
there.
This one is a good example of the issues I'm referring to.

You confirmed the bug has been fixed in V11, but the ticket is marked as
"Closed as Won't Fix".
It is confusing and misinforming.

I've been using bug reporting systems of dozens projects and in all
cases the "wontfix" flag means what it says - no action has been taken and
none is planned to be taken.

Best regards,
Mateusz

-----