Subject: Re: [boost] Workaround for clang-linux + GNU stdlib + Boost.Iostreams
From: Jürgen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-06 15:14:39

Hi,

On Monday, 3. January 2011 20:32:28 Doug Gregor wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Bryce Lelbach
>
> <admin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > There's a discrepancy in the definition of wint_t between GCC and some
> > later versions of clang (clang defines it as an int, GCC an unsigned
> > int). This ends breaking Boost.Iostreams with a GNU GCC compiled version
> > of the GNU stdlib and clang (I'll restrain myself from giving the
> > lengthy technical explaination - if you have link-time errors with clang
> > + GCC compiled stdlib + Boost.Iostreams, this is probably the issue).

> Is there a corresponding Clang bug?

I talked to Bruce on IRC and he said he would file one and mail. Seems he had
no time for it (yet).

Meanwhile, please find a patch based on his original mail attached (including
patched tests ;-) )

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH