Subject: Re: [boost] Improving review process
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-13 14:20:58

vicente.botet wrote:
> IMO, one of the author's role is to look for a review manager

I'd just like to insert a small note of caution, that the review
manager needs to be somewhat neutral about the library being reviewed.
Having the library author choose their review manager makes it more
likely that they will select someone who is predisposed in their
favour. Ideally we would have multiple candidates for each post and
the wizards would choose someone based on their domain expertise. In
the absence of a queue of suitable candidates, of course it's fine for
the library author to encourage people - but I would prefer for that to
happen in public.

Phil.