Subject: Re: [boost] Improving review process
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-14 08:51:33

On 1/14/2011 6:58 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> At Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:54:46 -0500,
> Edward Diener wrote:

>>> +1

>>> That might address one of the problems I had as a review manager,
>>> mentioned it briefly on IRC today. The biggest pain of the review was
>>> sorting out all the emails, it takes a lot of effort& time. Especially
>>> since it was not just the reviews themselves, but all the ensuing
>>> discussions.
>>
>> I think reviews tend to get lost amid the other issues brought up on
>> this NG, and therefore a separate mailing list/GMane NG would make it
>> easier to be aware, review, and respond to just reviews. This would
>> especially be true if there were 3 or 4 reviews going on at the same
>> time over a longer period.
>
> In my vision, the reviews for a library are comments on a wordpress
> article, and the library's documentation links to the review article.

So the submitter of a library should write a wordpress article about it
? That sounds neat. Where is this article published ? On Boost's web
site in an appropriate page ? I'm comfortable with that but I am pretty
good with writing documentation and information since I have a literary
background. Others may not like it as much.