Subject: Re: [boost] [announce] mirror-lib 0.5.2 released
From: Matus Chochlik (chochlik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-14 09:22:00

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 1/14/2011 8:52 AM, Matus Chochlik wrote:
>>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I would like to announce that a new version
>> of the Mirror reflection library is available
>> for download from SourceForge:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mirror-lib/files/mirror-lib-0.5.2/
>
> It would be easier if this were in the Boost sandbox. But that's up to you.

There is also a Git Repository here:

git clone git://mirror-lib.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mirror-lib/mirror-lib

I've used Subversion in the past, but last year
I decided to switch to Git which (I really don't
want to start the whole discussion again)
I personally find to be "better".

If there is sufficient interest I might set up a script
that would commit the 'boostified' sources
to the Sandbox and let cron invoke it (daily, weekly,..)

>> Since version 0.5.0, Mirror is being developed
>> outside the boost namespace, but the directory
>> linked above contains also a 'boostified' version
>> of the sources with Jamfiles etc.
>>
>> Besides the docs package, the documentation
>> is also hosted online here:
>>
>> http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/
>
> Quickly looking at the doc, what would be the reason for run-time reflection
> of templates, since they are a compile-time mechanism ?

Well one reason is that I want the compile-time
and the run-time interface to be consistent with
each other. But besides that i think, that it might
be useful to have the ability to iterate through
meta-objects reflecting the individual template
parameters at run time, examine them, create
instances, etc.

But I don't claim to have any groundbreaking
application for that. Currently the whole run-time
layer is still very experimental.