Subject: Re: [boost] [Thread] thread::interrupt of the death
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-16 08:28:50

At Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:20:38 +0100,
Gaetano Mendola wrote:

> Hi all,
> I think a thread after getting an interrupt the first think to do
> before to throw a boost::thread_interrupted (passing or being on an
> interruption point) has to disable interruption, indeed think what
> happens if during a stack unwinding the thread passes again on an
> interruption point and it receives a second interrupt.
> This scenario is not that hard to happen.

1: is this the behavior in the draft standard?

2: is it important to special-case for thread interruption? It's
   still going to be true that you can't call anything that might
   throw during stack unwinding (including during thread
   interruption), a more general case of the same scenario.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing