Subject: Re: [boost] [bitfield] documentation does not build
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-16 19:33:26

On 1/16/2011 6:44 PM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> On 1/15/2011 4:03 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
>> My mistake: it should be the bitfield library, not bitset.
>>
>> Attempting to build the documentation for bitfield, I get a bunch of
>> errors:
>>
>> "C:/Programming/VersionControl/boost/tools/build/v2/build\virtual-target.jam:1079
>>

>> : in virtual-target.register-actual-name from module virtual-target
>> error: Duplicate name of actual target:
>> 10.0\debug\threading-multi>bitfield.xml
>> error: previous virtual target {
>> quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook-bitf
>> ield.xml.XML { bitfield.qbk.QUICKBOOK } }
>> error: created from ./bitfield
>> error: another virtual target {
>> quickbook%quickbook.quickbook-to-boostbook-bitfi
>> eld.xml.XML { bitfield.qbk.QUICKBOOK } }
>> error: created from ./bitfield
>> error: added properties: <preserve-test-targets>on <python-debugging>off
>> <python
>>> 2.6 <threadapi>win32
>> error: removed properties: none
>
> This a Boost.Build problem that manifests
> itself when a property is defined after
> a target has already been processed. You
> can work around it by making sure that
> that the boost Jamfiles are loaded sooner.

The actual bjam file involved was for Vicente Botet Escriba's bitfield
library so maybe he will read your reply and make the appropriate
changes if he still has to. Once I did an SVN update on his library, the
documentation was already there and so I did not try to build it again.
Needless to say his jamfile should be correct but my goal was just to
read the docs for bitfield.