Subject: [boost] [ratio] Moved to trunk
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-17 17:23:25

Hi,

I have moved Boost.Ratio to trunk and I have managed with all the requested points.

From: "Anthony Williams"
> These changes should be addressed before the library appears in a
> Boost release.
>
> * Some of the macros had names with RATIO_RATIO in. These should be
> changed to just RATIO
DONE
> * The ratio_add, ratio_sub, ratio_multiply and ratio_divide templates
> should derive from the resulting ratio type as well as providing the
> nested ::type member, in order to closely emulate the template alias
> facility from C++0x

DONE. While dreiving solve most of the issues ::type is needed yet to match a template parameter.

> * The typos in the documentation should be fixed, and the documentation
> reviewed for correctness and clarity (though several of the reviewers
> made positive comments on the quality of the documentation).

DONE even if there are always some improvements.

> * The library needs more tests under the Boost Software License.

DONE, thanks to Howard and the LLVM community for changing its license and making it compatible with Boost.

> * All references to names from the boost namespace should be qualified
> with boost:: to avoid potential name clashes and ambiguity with names
> from the global namespace.

DONE

> * Sections commented out with #if 0 should be removed

DONE

> * The extensions beyond the facilities required by the C++0x draft
> should be able to be enabled or disabled through use of a
> configuration macro.

DONE, BOOST_RATIO_EXTENSIONS needs to be defined.

> * References to the tests, examples and documentation from within the
> code should be checked for correctness.

DONE

I have tried to solve some of the usual portability issues and even if there are yet some issues on the regression report, I consider that the library is globaly ready.

I have added some extensions that Joel requested during the review. The extensions are related to viewing ratio<> as a Rational Constant. Rational constants can be mixed with other MPL Integral Constants when using the MPL numeric metafunctions.

Paul A. Bristow has reviewed the documentation and fixed most of the editorial isues. The pdf documentation is available here https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/ratio/doc/ratio.pdf. If the html file is needed I can commit it temporarilly.

It would appreciate if others can take a look and check if everything is right before moving to release.

Thanks,
Vicente