Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 keynote speaker
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-19 16:45:31

At Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:56:51 -0600,
Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> This is to inform you, that Hans Boehm (HP,
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/) accepted to give this year's
> keynote. I believe this is excellent news for the conference and for all
> participants. He will have a lot to say, which directly concerns many C++
> developers. He will give us a topic for his keynote asap at which point we
> should add a note to the website.

This is awesome news! Hans is a C++ Committee member, probably the
primary driving force behind the new C++ memory model that allows
concurrency, and is also famous as the developer of a widely-used C++
garbage collector, and a bit less famous for the "rope" data
structure. I know he will give a great keynote and I'm eager to hear
it.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing