Subject: Re: [boost] [config][pathscale] Configurations for older versions
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-22 07:09:11

>> This is a recent configuration change done by design and has been
>> extensively tested with the new version. EKOPath 4 was just released
>> and we're already in discussion with Sandia to get the test machine
>> updated asap. Please be patient while that's worked out.

That only fixes our regression tests, it doesn't help users who may still be
using version 3.x.

I also note that the logic in the pathscale.hpp is completely backwards - it
should be something like:

#if NAME <= VERSION1
// define defect macros for version 1 or less
#define BOOST_NO_FOO1
#endif

#if NAME <= VERSION2
// define defect macros for version 2 or less
#define BOOST_NO_FOO2
#endif

#if NAME >= VERSION1
// define optional feature macros for version 1 newer
#define BOOST_HAS_FOO1
#endif

#if NAME >= VERSION2
// define optional feature macros for version 2 newer
#define BOOST_HAS_FOO2
#endif

If pathscale is still a flavor of gcc then I agree we should probably revert
this for this release, and fix properly for the next one.

Regards, John.