Subject: [boost] [container] documentation
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-23 13:43:31

Hi Ion,

I read over the documentation for Container. Looks like a neat library. I like the idea of a next gen STL in Boost.

In the documentation, I think the recursive containers section could spell out what's going on here - I didn't catch it at first. It could just say "Recursive data structures contain elements of their own type." Perhaps with a link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_data_type. Pretty cool.

Didn't this grow out of Interprocess? I'm wondering if it has somehow an improved contract with the allocator to support shared memory - or is that worth talking about?

Cheers,
Gordon