Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45][Serialization] fails to cross-compile usingarm-linux-uclibc toolchain
From: Alex Potapenko (zoneofbattle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-23 19:43:34

Robert Ramey wrote:
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof(class_id_type) == sizeof(int_least16_t));
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof(class_id_reference_type) ==
> sizeof(int_least16_t));

These shouldš be investigated.š before commenting out.š It could be
detecting something unexpected in a pre-requisite library.
I'm afraid I haven't neither got the knowledge, nor the skills to investigate it myself :(
In case you (or someone else) are willing to investigate it for me, here's a relatively simple way to trigger these errors:
1. Checkout the optware trunk:
š $ svn co http://svn.nslu2-linux.org/svnroot/optware/trunk optware
2. Build the toolchain:
š $ cd optware; make mbwe-bluering-target
š $ cd mbwe-bluering; make directories toolchain ipkg-utils
3. Replace make/boost.mk from the svn with the one attached to this letter
4. Cross-compile:
š $ make boost # while remaining in the mbwe-bluering directory

Thanks in advance,
Alex