Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2011 - Do we need to starting thinking about it?
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-24 12:34:47

Hi Paul,

I recall that last year, Boost didn't start thinking about possible projects
> to suggest to potential GsoCoders until rather late.
>
> Perhaps we should *start* thinking reasonably soon?

Since org apps are being accepted starting Feb 28, it can't hurt :)

> Is someone going to take on the task of setting up a Google Group to
> solicit
> and discuss ideas?

There's already a Boost Mentors group on Google Groups
(boost-gsoc-mentors), and it turns out that you're already a member! Very
convenient :)

> PS I'm not volunteering!
>
> PPS But I do have an idea ;-)

Are you explicitly not volunteering for mentoring or are you not
volunteering to create a Google group (which turned out to be a no-op)?

Andrew